Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Not Suitable for Young Belivers

I seriously might go crazy.

Because my 9 (almost 10) year old is totally still a "believer" in Santa. And I understand that this very well could be his last year.

So we've done everything in our power to make this Christmas just that much more special.

I spent the entire day wrapping Christmas gifts yesterday. The kids were gone, "Santa" sent me all the printed tags for each kid so that nothing was handwritten to make older kids suspect anything. I cleared up the entire kitchen, getting rid of special Santa paper that was laying around before picking up the kids.

Taylor was helping me in the kitchen today when he brought a stack of "Santa Tags" to me. That were left in the kitchen. On the table.

And the tags say: "Merry Christmas Taylor (or Jordan or Madison or Reagan) Love, Santa".

I say "what the heck are those?" And Taylor says, I don't know because they say "from Santa".

AGGGGHHHHH!!!

And I double taped every tag to every Santa gift.

And now I have to come up with a "plan B" so that I don't totally RUIN Santa ON CHRISTMAS.

I just might be crazy.

5 comments:

tiburon said...

OH NO!!!!!!

I might need some time to come up with a suitable lie. I am not really good on my feet. Let me marinate...

tiburon said...

Ok what if you did their initials instead of the special tags?

Not sure how you would explain the tags...

Heidi said...

Initials might be good...

Glitter glue anyone? Because I NEVER have glitter around here anymore... (Killed that one Valentines day a couple years ago...) He'd never suspect if they were initials in GLITTER...

HMMMMM

Aaron said...

You are had....throw in the towel....have the talk.

I gave in when Malia was 8 because she was smart enough to start asking for big ticket items...like $200-$300 saying "Santa can afford it..."

"Ok, thats it" I said to myself "Time to spill the beans or break the bank.."

....I spilled the beans.

Erin said...

At our house, Santa's gifts are wrapped in the same paper as ours, because mommy helps Santa wrap the presents when he comes- it gives us a chance to talk. If a present accidentally ends up under the tree before Christmas (like this year), I explain Santa brought it by for me to see if it was something you would like, and I went ahead and put it under the tree early.

When Eason asks if Santa is real, I simply ask, What do you think? He says yes, and we leave it at that.