
Let's put it nicely... COMCAST STINKS! (Yes... that was *nice*... it felt good too. I'm trying to keep this blog PG rated, or I *might* have said something my Mom would have slapped me for.)
I will not bore you with the trivial details surrounding our Comcast bill. Suffice it to say, Brian and I have cut WAAAAYYYY back on "expenses". This included getting rid of cable TV. (ouch... bye bye Alton Brown and and Deadliest Catch....)
We even went back to using our answering machine instead of having "digital voice" service.
We have our standards... we did not give up Internet service. Hey! We have the great excuse right now that Brian needs it for work and school! Can't get rid of the "necessities"!
This all took place a couple of months ago. MONTHS. After some annoying phone conversations ever since we turned OFF our service, we finally thought our bill was down to where it's supposed to be.
Until I opened the mail this afternoon.
We are still being charged $0.99 a month for a "Cable Television Service Protection Plan". I don't need protection from cable. I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE IT. Just regular, boring old TV where my kids can watch one stupid PBS show after another, and I can avoid watching the news like the plague.
But! We ALSO still have a $26.23 charge this month for DIGITAL VOICE. Why the HECK am I still paying for "voice mail" when I have my lame-o answering machine set up?
Brian will get home today and have yet another call to make to the devil company. Do they think I just won't notice what they're charging me for?
Comcast is not Comcastic by any stretch of the means. They're money sucking devils.
Nuff said.

3 comments:
I think a lot of big companies are like that. Very frustrating! I know my mom would just pay it without looking, I can't imagine how much money they are pulling in from cheating their customers, sad.
Vonage pulled the same thing on us. We had to pay for 2 months of service we didn't use because we were supposed to give them "5 days notice" or some crap like that.
Incidentally, although I am not always happy with Comcast, they have been giving me free HBO and other premium chanels since we moved in because some installer guy somewhere messed up. I am almost afraid to call for service when the cable goes out for fear someone will discover this error and fix it! (Oh, I love Alton, too!)
ROFL. I hate Comcast. HATE!!! One time they turned on cable at a house we hadn't lived at in 2 years and then turned us over to a collection agency for the $16 bill we racked up watching cable at a house we didn't live in. Don't even get me started.
Post a Comment