I just want to nice, happy, fun, educational, messy things with my children.
Unfortunately, I feel that their projects should go MY way.
I didn't realize that I had much of a problem until today's project was "fabric painting" some canvas bags.
See, I had these bags in mind that would be personalized, cute, and that I could actually feel like they could take places.
But these people that call me Mom have a "hurry up lets get this done" approach to just about everything in life.
The end results make me cringe, and I'm hoping all the paint will come off in the wash so I can start over. Even Madison wanted to be more 'hands on' than I wanted her to be.




Okay... they're not BAD... but I just can't stand it! I had something so different in mind!
Someone help me!!!!!
Oh, and the "sweet" version of the story can be found HERE.

3 comments:
It would totally bug me too, though they do look great! I would make more bags where the kids aren't allowed to help ;). Those bags can be for the park, sports, whatever, and you wont care if they get dirty. The new bags you make you only get to use and will stay cleaner, hehehe.
And I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets frustrated with craft projects being way more work than fun :P
lol, yes I understand. But good for you for letting go. They will have great memories and that's MUCH more important than a super cute bag. (Not that those aren't cute and I bet they are so proud!)
I have the same problem!!! I am very controlling in the craft area... I sometimes have to leave the room and breathe! Pathetic!
Post a Comment